So you're on vacation and you want to get a workout in, but the hotels in town are all lame and offer nothing that interests you. Not to worry – we've got you covered! From hiking to swimming to Zumba, here are 10 great workouts you can do on the go. Happy sweating!
- Get a jump start on your holiday shopping by power walking through the mall.
- Take the stairs instead of the escalator or elevator whenever possible.
- Park your car at the far end of the parking lot to get in some extra steps.
- While waiting in line at the grocery store or post office, do some calf raises or squats.
- Go for a brisk walk around the block after dinner.
- If you’re traveling by plane, take a lap or two around the airport terminal before boarding your flight.
- When sightseeing in a new city, walk instead of taking public transportation or taxis everywhere.
- If you’re staying at a hotel, take advantage of the fitness center and pool.
- Get up and move every 20 minutes or so when sitting for long periods of time, such as during a long car ride or while watching a movie.
- Make use of any opportunities to be active, even if it’s just doing some jumping jacks during commercial breaks!
Well there you have it – 10 great workouts to do on your next vacation! We hope you love these tips and that they help keep you active and healthy while you’re away from home. Did we miss any of your favorite go-to exercises? Let us know in the comments below!